Payment for an hour’s session is to be made either in advance, or at the end of each session by cash, cheque or by internet banking.
If you cannot make an arranged appointment, I require 48 hours’ notice of a cancellation. If less than this is given, you (or your insurance company) will be charged the full fee for the missed session.
Whatever is said between the clinical psychologist and client is strictly confidential, with the following exceptions:
- I may use examples of client work in therapy for supervision and training purposes, but I will protect the anonymity of my client. Supervision is essential for good practice and to protect you, the client.
- If I am ordered by a court to release details; if any criminal act is about to be or has been committed by you; or if I believe that there is a real risk that you may harm yourself or others. Normally, I would tell you before passing on any information in these circumstances.
- If you have been referred by a doctor, or health agency, I usually send them a brief, written report outlining the outcome of our assessment and/or therapy, with a copy to you, if required. The content of this can be discussed at the time.
- I will not work with a client who is under the influence of non-prescribed drugs, including alcohol, during a session.
- I will not work with a client who is misusing prescribed drugs. In points 1 and 2, payment will still be due.